I think makeup is one of the best inventions ever. I really don’t know where I would be without it!
There are hundreds and thousands of makeup artists and tips to go along with them but I would like to share mine with you too.
Here is what is inside my makeup bag…
1. Makeup bag via www.blueq.com or ASOS – I fell in love with this little gem as soon as I laid eyes on it. Good think too is it is made of plastic, so for those clumsy times (and I have quite a few) when I spill it is easily wiped clean to look good as new!
2. Revlon Photoready 3D mascara – I think Revlon makeup is great quality at for a slither of the price you might pay for other brands. I tend to use a lot of mascara, even during the day to highlight my eyes. This one at £10.99* is a good price to pay for luscious lashes that doesn’t clump even when you re-apply.
3. Rimmel Eyebrow pencil in Dark Brown – this bad boy has two uses in my daily routine. As I am naturally blonde but have dyed my hair dark brown to ombré, I needed something to keep my eyebrows from hiding. This pencil along with the little brush on the lid is great for defining my brows without making them look out of place. The second use for this pencil is as a shadow for underneath my lower lashes. Great for a smoky eye look. And at £2.99* it saves me a huge amount on eyeshadows.
4. Lancôme Eyeliner – this is probably the most expensive piece of makeup I own at £16* but it is so worth it! Hands down the best eyeliner I have ever used. It’s long lasting and I’ve had my current one for just over a year and there’s no sign of it running out any time soon. If you’re looking for something soft yet dark for your eyes then do try this.
5. Nars blusher – my aunty bought me this blusher as a present and it’s the best present she’s ever given! It gives a natural look even though it feels quite heavy on your skin. You could say it’s more of a night time blusher but I love it.
6. Rimmel Bold Curves mascara – I tend to use two marcaras on my lashes in order to build up volume. This one is a great base coat for me as it separates each lash and gives them their own shape at the same time. It is £6.69* so it is perfect enough on it’s own for a more natural look.
7. Revlon Colourstay Foundation – this foundation has been a huge part of my life since I started wearing makeup. I have quite oily skin naturally but Revlon make this for those who like me suffer from excess oils especially around the t zone. I warn you it is quite thick so you don’t need to use very much at a time, but for £12.49* you definitely get your money’s worth.
8. Collection 2000 Pressed Powder – this like my foundation is used to keep my skin looking fresh. It is only £2.99* so it usually comes with me to work if I need to freshen up during the day.
You’ll notice no lipstick or gloss in my makeup bag, this is because I have a slight fear of both!
Let me know your top tips to looking beautiful.
*All prices were correct and available at Boots at the time of blogging